Thursday, February 23, 2012

Our new found love...Petco! (or Petsmart-either is AWESOME!)

One day when Mommy and Lucy didn't have to go to work, we wanted to do something different.  Lucy is really into dogs lately and will go crazy if she sees one. After trying to think of somewhere that I could take Lucy to see some dogs because we live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets, I thought "Some malls have pet stores!  We'll go to Chesterfield Mall!"  After putting Lucy in the car to drive 20 minutes to the mall that I thought had a petstore turned into one of the biggest Mommy failure moments!  There was no pet store.  So after getting so excited and telling Lucy, "We're going to see Dogs!", she kept looking at me like, "Um...where are these dogs you talk about?"  So then I thought, "Hmmm..I'll take on the double decker carousel that's in the Mall to make up for it!"  Just as I'm walking up to it, the Lady puts the sign on that says, "Closed for Lunch"....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

So after an epic fail...I decided we were definitely due for some puppy loving.  Now, why I didn't think of this before is beyond me...but there are two stores very near to us (only took us 5 minutes) that have the name "Pet" in their name! Now, seriously, how dumb can I get sometimes?! I guess I just thought they just sold pet food.  Haha-boy was I wrong....

 There was this huge wall filled with fish tanks!  Lucy was signing fish like crazy!  Not going to lie...I was like, "We can have fish in our apartment!  What?! It's only 27cents for a fish! Let's get one! Yeah! Yeah! Which one, Lucy?! We'll need a tank, and food, and....wait.  What are we going to do with this dang fish when we go away for the weekend? What are we going to do with it when we move every year for the next 3 years?! GEEZ! Never mind........Lucy! Let's go look at those Dogs. Get away quick!!" 
 AND there were birds! Another great opportunity to practice those baby signs she's been learning!


There were cats and dogs too, but bad Mamma did not get pictures.  I guess I was just as hypnotized by them as Lucy (especially since Daddy will NEVER let me get a cat and so I guess I'll just have to go visit the cats at Petco and Petsmart. They need a friend).  What was awesome was that they had grooming at Petsmart and there were several dogs getting their haircut.  I'm pretty sure we sat there staring through the glass at the dogs for a half an hour. 

So every weekend since this, (Yes, I know...it's been several weekends since I've posted anything) we have visited either Petco or Petsmart.  Lucy has gotten to play with puppies, touch Rabbits and look at lots of rodents and fish. We pretty much think it's Disney World. 

No comments:

Post a Comment